There are only two ways to experience life.
One is with the EXPECTANCY that EVERYTHING is a Miracle.
The other is with the EXPECTATION that NOTHING is a Miracle.
With a tip of the hat to Albert Einstein, I’ve reworked his famous quote to take out the gray area. Do you have an expectancy that everything will be a miracle in 2011? And what does that mean to you? Does it mean expecting someone or something to “rescue” you this year? To transform you from the outside? Or is the expectancy of a miracle an inside job?
To help you Expect a Miracle in every moment of every day, I wanted to share with you this awesome video of Yolanda Adams singing Expect A Miracle– where the entire crowd becomes her choir. You can’t HELP but be transported to a better thought after watching this video! Then look around you. Do you see a pile of manure, or do you expect that there may be a pony underneath that pile?
A Course In Miracles teaches us that a Miracle is a change in perception. It’s a change in our thoughts, which leads to a change in what we see. So we’re either expecting a miracle or we’re not. Think about the thoughts you’ve been having the past hour, or even the past 10 minutes. Our thoughts are our most creative power. When we change what we see, we change the meaning we assign something, and we create what we truly want to see, which then starts to show up in our lives. Whenever I have a thought that falls into the category of “this is SO NOT a miracle” I say aloud or to myself about that thought: “is THIS REALLY what I want to be creating in my life?”
What are you up to tonight or this weekend? (I’ve got a suggestion you can do from the comfort of your own home, or with a group anytime you want, which I’ll share with you in a minute…)
The new year is about to burst forth…. And I wanted to share something with you. I’m a big “TUT” fan – and I have received The Universe’s daily notes (www.tut.com) for years. Today’s, of course, referred to creating what you want in the coming year. The three steps are tooooo awesome not to share:
“1. Give thanks that life is…just as it is (and that it’s been…just as it’s been). Because of it, you’re now “READY.”
2. Define what you want in terms of the end result. Don’t worry about the hows, or even the course. KNOW that what you want is ALREADY yours in spirit, by divine LAW, just focus on the certainty of this ownership, understand it, claim it, and “it will be on earth, as it is in heaven (spirit).”
3. LET THE UNIVERSE show you the way via your impulses and instincts that appear as you take inspired action. Don’t worry that your first steps seem silly or futile. And if you don’t know what to do, do anything! Go! Get busy! Do not insist on intermediary successes, only upon the end result.”
So….what ARE you going to DO today toward creating the TOMORROW you really want?
What if you filled your mind so full of thoughts of GRATITUDE that there was no room for any other illusionary thought to creep in? What if your mind was STANDING ROOM ONLY for GIVING THANKS?
What if you got perfect CLARITY on what you wanted in your world and let the HOW surprise you? What if you treated every day of this year as if you had a PERMISSION SLIP to PLAY BIG and DREAM BIG?
What if you cultivated a CROP OF COURAGE to take an action, ANY ACTION that you’re inspired to take? (I usually know it’s in inspired action because my initial response is “You want me to do WHAT?” – which is usually followed by a laundry list of reasons why I can’t possibly do THAT.) What if you simply took the action, assuming that you’re being guided to do something that is for the highest good for all?
The truth is, you walk in Grace today. Whether you want to or not. Whether you think you deserve to or not. Whether you’re willing to accept it or not. It’s simply the truth of who you are. And today it’s time to claim your Divine Heritage the same way you would claim any other inheritance.
Here are a few ways to get yourself started on the right track, no matter where you are in your life:
1. Start tonight or this weekend, by creating in pictures what the end of 2011 will look like, using my Feng Shui Bagua Treasure Mapping Playkit. For just $8.95, you can instantly download a copy and with some poster board, magazines or pictures from the internet, scissors and glue create a vision board or wheel of fortune of what your life will look like 12 months from now. http://www.paulalangguthryan.com/shop/treasure-map/. I’ve done one every year either on New Year’s Eve or during this weekend for years now. It’s great fun with a group or introspectively by yourself! I still fondly remember the year my friend Idalie and I did ours at a beach house, while fielding calls from our friends Sig and Carmen who were in New York’s Times Square wanting to know if we could “see them” on TV in the maddening crowd.
2. Put some gratitude in your attitude and join us Tuesday nights from February 1-April 5 for a 10 week series of teleclasses called Giving Thanks Tithing Mastery Course that will transform your relationship with giving and receiving like nothing else ever has (sign up at http://www.paulalangguthryan.com/freestuff/giving-thanks-tithing-mastery-study-guide/). This is a graduated tithing course where you commit to tithing to wherever you are spiritually fed each week (1% the first week, 2% the second week and so on!) $47 early-bird registration includes an e-book copy of Giving Thanks: The Art of Tithing AND the Giving Thanks Tithing Mastery Study Guide PLUS the opportunity to have YOUR questions answered LIVE and IN PERSON!
3. Mark your calendar for every Wednesday night at 7:30pm EST for a 90 minute lighthearted Village Gathering A Course In Miracles discussion group where we “Course” whatever is going on in your world – this is the new “telecall” version of the group we used to have at the Gathering in Florida. Email email@example.com and I’ll automatically send you the call in information! Donations for The Village Gathering are gratefully accepted to fund our ongoing “sustainable Kenya” projects. (Speaking of which, if you’re looking for a year-end tax deduction to a worthy cause, consider donating to help a group of 180 Kenyan high school make their school self-sustaining by helping them plant 11 acres of farmland for their school meals. It’s the only meal some of the get each day! Visit http://www.artofabundance.com/kenya2010.htm or donate via www.paypal.com directly to The Village Gathering account which is firstname.lastname@example.org. We only need $625 to meet our goal – your donation could put us over the top!)
4. Join the Life After Bankruptcy Monthly Member Support Program. Group meets via teleconference the LAST Wednesday of the month, from 9pm-10pm EST. For $9.95 a month, you receive access to a monthly live call where I share new information that’s come out in the industry that will be of benefit to you after bankruptcy, as well as an opportunity to ask questions, get clarification and support for your next step toward thriving after bankruptcy and regaining credit after bankruptcy. Meetings are recorded for your convenience!
5. For those who are ready to stop setting goals and start actually GETTING GOALS, join us on Wednesday, January 19 from 9pm-11pm EST for a two-hour jam-packed ACIM-based teleseminar Getting the Goals You Set to help you create and open up to getting your goals this year. ($47 if you register before January 6; $97 after that!)
6. Sign up for the daily notes from The Universe, so you get constant positive reminders of what you want to create this year (www.tut.com)!
7. Give yourself the gift of the only “Shot” that won’t leave you tipsy tonight: a 1-Shot 90% Discounted Coaching Session. One per customer: 50 minute coaching session for just $50 – that’s right… a tenth of what a regular session would cost to help you get perfect clarity on an area that’s causing you dis-ease, stress, conflict, making you feel unworthy or stealing your peace. Offer is good until January 15. My tithe to you!!!
May the 2011 YOU CREATE be everything you truly want to SEE this year!
Peace and prosperity,
PS If ANYONE popped into your head as being someone who might benefit from reading this, or hearing about any of the ways to start 2011 on the right track, TAKE ACTION and forward this email to ALL of them RIGHT NOW! (And then pat yourself on the back for following #3 of TUT’s advice – you’re already on your way!)
CM Press/Prosperity Books & Seminars
1121 Annapolis Road, Suite 120
Odenton, MD 21113